Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"In His Eyes, Who are you?

Get to know yourself
Did you ever wonder who you took after, or who you most look like in your family? Well I have many times over. I look in the mirror I can see my dad for a split second, I might say something that sounds just like something my mom has said before, but I like to believe I am more like Jesus. ..At least this is what I desire for my own life, to be complete I want others to see Christ in me. I love knowing others are happy, to know I put a smile on someone’s face, oh and the feeling I get inside when I get the opportunity to tell someone about Christ. That is when I am at my best, when I am out there spreading His gospel. I can only imagine how Jesus felt to know He was doing His walk here on earth for His Heavenly Father, I know He was scared, and we know He too cried to God, He begged for our mercy, time after time. He saved, He healed, and He led, but most importantly He struggled just as you and me, and He like us received no favoritism in what He was doing for us. Even stretched out on the cross, He didn’t beg or cry, He took it like a man, because He was doing as His father had wished. Are we worth it, no, absolutely, positively no, but to Jesus we are, so much so that He was willing to die for us.

 You ask how to do you know you are more like Jesus? First, God made us in His own image, so how can you not be as handsome/beautiful as He is. He gives us a spirit liken to His so that we can do right over wrong. Become like unto me", says our Lord Jesus Christ. Be Holy as I am Holy. (Leviticus 11:44) See right here He tells us to become like unto Him…If we look at Jesus we also look at God the Father (John 14:8). If we look at an image of Jesus we can feel something very extraordinary about Him, and we may ponder what it would be like, to be with the God man and to become like Him.

If we want to become like Jesus Christ Our Lord, we must desire to possess all his human qualities, plus all his divine attributes which are unique to God. They must be reflected upon our souls in order that we may become what God wants us to be: "his own reflection". While this sounds very desirable but difficult, we need to do our work by amending our lives and by practicing living in the Presence of God. We can start by saying like Jesus, the flesh is weak but the Spirit God has given us is strong.

We must come humbly before Him with a repentant heart and with a desire to become like Jesus Christ. Then He can save our souls, make us his instruments and prepare us to do his work. This is what I ask today, for deliverance of my sins, and for a heart that is after God and only God, I want to feel His presence in my entire life, I want Him to bring me closer and let others see what He has done for me in my face and in every facet of my life.

Have you confessed your sins, are you likened to Jesus? If not please bow before Him this day and get release from the bound up pain that lies within, He is there waiting with open arms, expect to receive and Trust that He will give. Jesus loves you my friend, so much that we are made from His own image, an so much more that He chose to die for us on that rugged cross so that we could be forgiven our sins, so please reach out to Him today..May others see Christ in you in days to come, God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog as i have not looked at it that waay Brenda but will take time today to just do everything you have talked about in the blog.Keep it up God and myself love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog as i have not looked at it that waay Brenda but will take time today to just do everything you have talked about in the blog.Keep it up God and myself love your work.

    ReplyDelete