Wednesday, March 24, 2010

“ In Flight with God”



"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)


Exodus 19:4
Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Deuteronomy 28:49
The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;


The last few nights I have had a vision of an Eagle landing on my shoulder and then flying off to help someone, including a dying man that has been left for dead. The eagle returns to me to let me know things are good. I was scared when a voice told me in the beginning that an eagle would be landing on my shoulder, but as soon as I realized it was already there I was at peace. I ask God for direction in my life and each day I do feel like I am on a flight of no return, I feel so good knowing that I am on flight for my Father in Heaven. I love you Jesus.

I decided I wanted to know more about the eagle, this is what I found out:

The eagles wings are spread straight out and they are literally soaring with perfect ease on the wind currents. Eagles are born with big and heavy wings, and part of the survival mechanism they are born with is that they have to learn how to fly without actually flapping their big wings. They have to learn how to do this in order to conserve energy. Eagles can literally die if they expend too much energy flapping their wings during flight as versus soaring without flapping their wings.

As a result, what eagles have to learn to do very early on in order to be able to soar without flapping their wings, is to wait for what are called wind thermals to come up on them. A wind thermal is a big gust of wind that will rise up from the atmosphere. Sometimes eagles will remain perched for days before they can catch a good, strong wind thermal, where they can then launch onto and combine a mixture of flying and soaring on that strong wind thermal to get them to where they want to go.

This is all pretty astonishing in itself, but read this carefully: 1. Eagles Are Master Fliers, 2. Eagles Are Master Fisherman, 3. Eagles Fly Alone, 4. Eagles Live on Higher Ground, 5. Eagles Are Extremely Bold, Courageous and Powerful, 6. Eagles Are Considered Majestic, 7. Eagles Are Faithful For Life, 8. Eagles Are Very Patient, 9. The Eagle Has 2 Sets of Eye, 10. The Nests of Eagles Are Built in the Wilderness, 11. Eagles Have Contrasting Color Patterns - Noticeable From a Distance.


In so many ways we are like the eagle, we too have to learn to soar and fly, spread our wings. The wings are like our faith and belief, and the wind thermals are like the Holy Spirit within us. The anointing of God is the presence and power of the Holy Spirit flowing and through us to accomplish what God wants us to for Him in this life. It is God's power flowing through us, not our power. Our power is weak and limited, but God's power is pure and absolute. Let God use you today, walk in faith and trust that He will anoint you and watch as you learn to fly like the eagle. God bless each and everyone of you, God is the Mighty I AM!

1 comment:

  1. Brenda awesome blog yes I do agree are in some ways like an eagle as i do see them soaring around and not haveing much fear in life.They are also belong to God so they are looked out by God to spread there wings and soar around with his power like us.Keep up the great work Brenda

    ReplyDelete