Monday, March 8, 2010

Christ's Spirit

ISAIAH 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. Isaiah 55:6Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.

Hosea 5:15 I will go away and return to My place Until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.

Today I had one of those days of pain, dread, and anxiousness. It was a day where I had to reflect on past works and see where my future is taking me. I felt as I could do nothing right, a sense of being alone in a big world and nowhere to turn. I went to seek Jesus for some peace, I found that not only do I need the body of Christ, but the body of Christ needs me. He has given me spiritual gifts to use, but this too confuses me, so once again I go to His word, the Bible. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church. To one person the spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another he gives the gift of special knowledge. The spirit gives special faith to another, and to someone else he gives the power to heal the sick. He gives one person the ability to prophesy, He gives someone else the ability to know whether it is really the spirit of God or another spirit that is speaking; still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, and another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the one and only Holy Spirit who distributes these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.

God creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the word he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. Ephesians 2:10

God knows that none of us are immune to temptation. God knows this, so he has assigned us as individuals the responsibility of keeping each other on track. His word says “Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:13

After reading these scriptures I realized I needed to talk to one of my Christian friends so that I could stomp all over these negative feelings I was having from within. I needed to know that God hadn’t turned His back on me, that I was the one who called today off because I was having a pity party. See folks the Christian life is more than just commitment to Christ, it includes being a committed Christian to your friends. So today my friend was there for me, and I Pray I will be there for them when they need a stern hand. So take time today and see if you are strong enough to not only ask for Christ help but realize that Christ needs you as well.

God bless you my Christians friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda.I believe christ will always be there when he is needed and you will always be there for a friend when time is right and you are needed.Please keep up the great work.I hope to get caught up one reading all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete