Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rediscovery of Christ

To have purpose in life you have to be driven to live a life for Christ. What are you willing to do to get to that place? Too often in life we look at things negatively and get surrounded by things that make it impossible to lift our heads rather lone our hearts. My purpose here in life is to walk a daily walk with Jesus and find solutions to my own problems as well as help others with their walk. When was the last time you wept for Christ for all that He does for you, and how will you rediscover Christ?

Honestly describe yourself. How do you really define who you are?
 I like to believe I define myself by what others see in me. When I see me I see a fat person who is angry inside and lonely.
• What aspects of yourself do you dislike?
I dislike how I allow myself to get down and how I allow others to walk on me. I hate how I feel about physical self.

• Evaluate your answers to the questions above. To what extent are you dependent on external attributes or roles—such as appearance, education, skills, family relationships, and occupation—to describe yourself?
I know these bad qualities I feel about myself are keeping me from getting closer to Christ, and holding me back from doing the Lords work.

Now look at how Jesus described Himself
How did Jesus describe Himself (John 14:9-10)? Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

At the Last Supper, our Lord humbled Himself and washed the disciples’ feet. To what does John attribute Christ’s action (John 13:1-8)? 1It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love. 2The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. 3Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. 6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?" 7Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." 8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet;” Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

Know the truth about who you are in Christ. Know that you are a child of Christ, A friend of Jesus, and most importantly you are accepted by Christ. You decide if you will be a citizen of Heaven, He opened the door when He died on the Cross for you. All your sins have been forgiven, so know you too can start from fresh.

I now, feel like the Lord is ashamed of me for allowing myself to get into this predicament and for losing faith in letting him mold me into what He wants for me. So from this moment on, I am turning my soul, body and spirit over to Christ for a new beginning, a new growth and I ask for His wisdom. I ask that my Father give me the strength and courage to move forward and to let go of the things that caused me to feel the way I do inside. Father, please forgive all my sins and help me walk daily with you and help me to do what you have called me to do. I thank you for all these things in Jesus name, Amen.

Father please allow me to wash your feet for I am not worthy to have you wash mine, however Jesus I want to be a big part with you. I love you Jesus!

Take a minute and answer the above questions truthfully for yourself, then give them to God and let them go. He molded each of us, He created us in His own image. When I reread what I said I cried, but I wanted to be honest with all my readers, so that you know I too struggle, but I have the Lord to hold me in His arms and He allows me to cry.

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice blog or parts of it I do not agree with the way you discribe yourself but all rest is true.I discribe myself as a very mixed up guy that has hurt someone close to me so i have wept to God to help me make things better for her and for us to get back together.You keep up the great work please Brenda as i do trust your judgements and believe in all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete