Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weakness finds Strength

Have you ever felt so weak that you didn’t think you could accomplish anything? This week I have been so weak in strength that all I have wanted to do is sleep. It is like my body wants to rest all the time. Have you ever tried to lift a set of weights that you just knew were too heavy, but yet you found the strength to lift them, rather of pride or fear of disappointing yourself. I went to the eye doctor today and I was told my eyes look tired, I explained that I have rested but yet I just can’t find strength to stay awake. On the way home I was trying to figure out why I feel so weak, and how I can find strength again.

I received this message; did you know that the more you lift those weights, the stronger your muscles will get? What if I told you that the weaker you are, the stronger you will become. I was like, what? My eyes are tired and you are telling me to lift more weights. When you realize you are weak, you will rely more on God. God will give you a different kind of strength, a spiritual strength. When you have strength in me, you will find the strength it takes to do the other things that are before you, rather that is lifting weights or the strength to stay awake. You will see that you are stronger in the things that matter to God. He wants you to grow stronger spiritually just as much as he wants you to have a healthy, strong body. What a powerful message this was. I thought I had been seeking God for strength, however I didn’t realize I wasn’t really, I was blaming my weakness on the worldly things and letting Satan control my physical body, by allowing him to make me weak.

Hebrews 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

I hope that you will decide today that you too will get yourself in shape spiritually and be strong for God. Thru you weakness you can become stronger.

Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! —Psalm 105:4

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. —2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I may be weak in the physical sense, but I am strong in the word of my Lord and Savior. My eyes may be tired, and my muscles weak but with my eyes on God for strength I will find the answer, for He is the ANSWER…


Ask for your strength today and get your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment