Saturday, February 5, 2011

Are you Lazy

Did you wake up today and wish you could just stay in the bed, Ignoring all around you. Do you think your housework will get done on it’s on? Do you just feel lazy, or is it the rest around you that are lazy and you are tired of doing your work and theirs? I work with someone who is always putting their things off on whoever the target may be at the time. I watch as they are always leaving things lying around, too lazy to pick up after themselves.


Proverbs 13:4 4 the soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

Proverbs 19:15 15 Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, and an idle person will suffer hunger. The Bible is clear that, because the Lord ordained work for man, laziness is sin. “Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise” (Proverbs 6:6).

Proverbs is filled with wisdom concerning laziness and warnings to the lazy person. Proverbs tells us that a lazy person hates work: “The sluggard's craving will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work” (21:25); he loves sleep: “As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed” (26:14); he gives excuses: “The sluggard says, ‘There is a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets’” (26:13); he wastes time and energy: “He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great waster” (18:9 KJV); he believes he is wise, but is a fool: “The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who answer discreetly” (26:16).

God loves when we earn our keep and help others as well, but don’t let laziness take over your life, for depression will soon fall in your path. Which we all know is the devil’s way.

Persistent laziness should not be permitted. Hard work should characterize the Christian's life-style. Lazy people are not successful people. Lazy people do not have good judgment.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 (King James Version) 6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8Neither did we eat any man's bread for naught; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 10For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. 13But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 14And if any man obeys not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

As you see the bible says a lot about laziness, so the next time you just want to let someone else do all the work, think about how God is feeling towards you and your ways. One of my big issues in this lifetime is that I can be incredibly lazy. Even when I'm feeling motivated, I have a very hard time acting to being my desires into fruition.

 Our Heavenly Father I come before you in need today for myself and others, Please hear my cries, I hate that I sleep way too late (when i say way too late, i mean waaaaay too late), i pray for more motivational energy, and for the divine to kick my butt into action! I'd appreciate any positive thoughts you can send my way Father. I ask that abundant Divine Grace be showered upon me. Father I ask that you give me Divine Inspiration and allow your angels to guide me in this process of discovering a new passion, today and always. Father give me encouragement to live life to its fullest and to walk a path in your righteousness. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment