Sunday, February 13, 2011

“Celebrating with Christ”

Do you spend all your time just having fun? Do you put fun before God? When your "fun" is self-involved or indulgent it takes away from your faith and your witness. Sinful activity does not need to be a part of an activity to make it fun. There is plenty of joy to be had without sin.


Ecclesiastes 8:15 (King James Version)Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.


Ecclesiastes 21 I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity. 2 I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, what doeth it? 3 I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life.

Proverbs 13:9 KJV The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Proverbs 16:20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

God really wants for us to have fun, to laugh, to have plans, to celebrate life, however He wants us to prioritize our life.

Isaiah 25:6-12 (King James Version) 6And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

The Bible speaks of celebration at different times in the bible, such as in the above scripture

Lucy Swindoll once said give yourself a gift. Grab your Bible, a pencil, notepad, and cup of coffee…maybe even a friend…and get started. I assure you~you’ll never be sorry.

This is some of most sound advice I have read…This is where all happiness begins, with God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 118:1 God is Good


You will find true happiness in your life when you put Jesus first. Make a list of what is missing in your life, and then make a list of all that you have to be thankful for already. If you are still trying to figure out what your life is all about, then it is time you look to the Father for answers. I personally will be seeking God for advice on which direction He wants me to go next. I ask for your prayers as I will be praying for each of you.


God bless you my friends!

1 comment:

  1. wow Brenda this is great work keep it coming HBS

    ReplyDelete