Thursday, November 4, 2010

When does two wrongs make a right

Romans 12:9

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Nothing in life would make us happier at times than to turn and make someone else suffer for what they have done to us. I will use myself as an example here. Life is hard, complicated and even unbearable at times without a feeling of being bullied, harassed, or even crucified. In my workplace I was told I am to not go to certain areas without letting my boss know I am going, when I should laugh I can’t I just cry. The reason I cry is simple, I am lucky if I take time and go to the women’s room each day for right now due to some health issues I am only working part-time hours. However, the real reason cannot be said to me for it will hurt someone else, so I get abused as I have been for quite a few months now. When I say anything, I just am told I am making more of it than it is. Easy for them to say, they do not have to report their every move to a warden. I am being imprisoned and treated like a 5 year old. I would love to see this person be treated the same, however I know that’s not possible and I know with thoughts like that God gets angry with me. Even angrier with me because of the thoughts I had on my way home today. I have cried for approximately five hours now, and soaked away some of the ache knawing in my chest. I have asked Jesus to intercede on my behalf. I cannot handle any more disappointments right now. Dealing with health issues already has me in a bad place. Therefore, I went seeking His word, and I found Romans 12:9. I do not want anyone to go to Hell, I pray for his or her soul. I am telling you all this so that you can see that I also have everyday problems, and I almost let Satan win this battle just with the thoughts I had and let them ruin any opportunity that I might have of getting into heaven. Of course, there are always going to be people in our lives that think they are mightier than God Himself, but us Christians know better.

When Jesus was arrested, Peter was disturbed to the point of cutting off the ear of a slave of the high priest. Jesus quickly responded by healing the slashed ear and said, Stop! No more of this." (Luke 22:51) Jesus taught His disciples, in word and deed, that two wrongs never make a right.

Because of sins, mistakes, and errors in judgment, we, too, are often forced to learn the hard way. If this has been your experience, do not be discouraged. Remember that God loves you and can use any learning experience to make your life rich and more useful in His work.


So, confess your mistakes and sins, and seek God's will for your life.


I love you Jesus and ask for your love, understanding, and forgiveness of my sins. God Bless you my friends.

2 comments:

  1. that so true Brenda but its not just one place this is happen to everyone in all jobs they love to run over to smaller person keep your good work up hugssssss

    HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. god expects us to be humble but i no how it is to want revenge myself but god is the 1 that judges us for what we do and in his word he will take care of things himself if we leave it in his hands.kk

    ReplyDelete