Sunday, November 7, 2010

“The First Snow of 2010”

Job37:6 For He saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.



Here in the North Carolina Mountains we received our first snow for the 2010 season on November 4. Ski slopes opened, and many people climbed the mountain to get in their first skiing of the season. I looked up at the snow-laden trees; I saw their branches spread out in praise to God. As I looked out at the bushes, I saw that they were bent over under the weight of the snow and they looked as if they were kneeling before almighty God. As I looked up at the hilltops, I saw the stony faces of the mountains, which were silently singing their praises to God. In that moment, I began praising God.


     
 On the wings of a snow white dove comes to mind when I think of snow and the Lord. Jesus washes us clean not only a little...but completely. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7

Jesus wants our souls to be pure; He gives us opportunities throughout our life to make ourselves right with Him. As I was listening to the radio and watching the news about all those that were out heading to the slopes or higher elevations just to see the snow, I wondered just how many had taken a minute to thank the Lord for the beautiful snow. It was just such a beautiful day to give thanks. God gives us so much beauty and we just forget to thank Him. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return not thither but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater" (Isaiah 55:9)


God planned everything when He created earth, including the elements. Snow is just one of those that we get to enjoy.


Mrk9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Ps148:8 Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word:


Never take for granted what God gives you, He loves us so much. God bless you my friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment