Wednesday, January 19, 2011

“Don’t be ashamed of God’s Blessings”

A Beautiful Day in North Carolina, January 2011
Sometimes we are so blessed, just look at the above picture. Have you ever known a Christian who just got a new car, and they have every excuse as to how they afforded it, or what a great deal they got, and you just want to scream at them saying, just count your blessings and give God thanks. God doesn’t want you to feel embarrassed, ashamed of something He allowed you to have, in fact quite the opposite; He would love for you to tell others How the Lord blessed you with this new car.


I know personally I have felt bad to let others know even when I have received a gift, knowing they didn’t, I don’t want them to think I am materialistic and more important I feel guilty because maybe they are going through a difficult time, so I just keep it to myself. I know in my heart sometimes that is right, but I also know that there are times that God wants me to share the abundance of love He has for me, so they may see He is willing to do the same for them. Most of the time however, I just want to display a humble attitude toward my friends and family. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 says “Love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own"

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (KJV) 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Did you know that Abraham was a wealthy man who had his own army, and was equal to any king in Palestine? Once, when Lot was in danger, Abraham formed a coalition and defeated the three kings who had conquered surrounding cities and taken Lot captive.

Although Abraham was a humble man who possessed great wealth, he wasn't ashamed of God's blessings. We shouldn't be ashamed of the great wealth God has blessed us with either.

Paul further explains this perspective in 1 Timothy 6:17-19. 17Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come that they may lay hold on eternal life.

You shouldn't be ashamed of the many blessings that God has bestowed on you, share those blessings, and enrich someone else’s life. Sometimes others may need to know God is still there. Use your gift to encourage others and to share Gods love.

Proverbs 3:33 the curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just.

May God’s blessings be abundantly yours in Jesus Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment