Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dieing of Hunger

Of those thirty million, how many have you fed? How many of them know The Lord? How many will starve and die hungry, not only hunger for food, but hunger to know something else, and you didn’t take the time to feed them any of God’s word.


Romans 12:20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.


Luke6:20 and he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.


The Old and New Testament shows us that God cares greatly about the poor and hungry of this world. God Calls His People to Be Actively Involved in Ministry to Those in Need. Is He calling you and are you willing to serve?


Luke 3:11 – “He replied to them, ‘The one who has two shirts must share with someone who has none, and the one who has food must do the same.’” Ministry to the Poor Is a Service to God. Turning a Deaf Ear to Those in Need Stifles the Spiritual Life. Proverbs 21:13 – “The one who shuts his ears to the cry of the poor will himself also call out and not be answered.”


Caring for the Poor will Lead to a Change in your life as stated in Isaiah 58:10-11 – “…and if you offer yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted one, then your light will shine in the darkness, and your night will be like noonday. The Lord will always lead you, satisfy you in a parched land, and strengthen your bones. You will be like a watered garden and like a spring whose waters never run dry.”


I see the homeless everyday as I go to work; I see it in my workplace, those that are less fortunate than I am. I have found myself to be Leary because some have choices and they make the wrong ones, so this leads me to do nothing. I go on my way knowing that maybe just one of those people hasn’t had a hot meal in days or even weeks, and I could have made a difference. Where did I go wrong? I got that answer quickly when I asked, you lacked in faith my daughter, and you didn’t trust in Me. Tears leap down my face as I know I have let my Father down.


Thirty million and I could of helped one, was that asking too much of me? Have you ever thought about that, how you could go without one meal and feed someone who hasn’t eaten in days. I know I have, and my heart breaks when I think about the times I walked away. I can’t go back but I can go forward and not make the same mistake, because I have a Father who forgives and gives me the tools I need to not be scared anymore.


James 2:15-17 – 15 if a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,


16 and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.


Caring for those in need is an opportunity and a privilege as well as an obligation. We must not view it in any other way. The most important food you can give to these is the word of God, a message for them to assure then that God hears their cries if they have given their heart to Him. Don’t let another soul go hungry. God bless you my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Awesome Job Again And Love It Keep Good Work Up HBS

    ReplyDelete