Friday, December 31, 2010

“Paul”

Romans 12:9 [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
 The book of romans was designed to lay a solid foundation for our Christian faith. If the foundation is built right, then the Christian life can be strong. This book in the bible has intrigued me for years. I will only highlight a little of it here in this blog (chapter1,1-16) however I do hope you will read the entire book as it does relate to a lot of people’s lives. In the book of Romans you will find how God spreads His good name by showing the world His grace.


This book is about the most remarkable man and His heart, his life and his death. This is one book that all Christians should hold close to their hearts. This book is allowing me to see life like I never have before. As I have been thru some terrifying times in my life of late, and I fell short from Gods word as I allowed others to drag me into their own lives struggles. I got pulled in, but I did nothing to escape, I only added to it, unfortunately allowing it to affect my health. I found myself being hurt mentally, but more importantly physically, taking me away from the situation was what God had in store for me but I didn’t adhere to His warnings, I stayed and joined in and added fuel to the fire by trying to get answers, silly answers at that, as to who it was that said what, which led me to lying to get the answers. As I prayed later I found it was too late to take back what I had done, all I could do was apologize and then give it to God for my own forgiveness. The book of Romans reminds me I should have walked away, and trusted God to handle the situation and followed my calling as Jesus had blessed me with. I am now recovering from the effects it had on my body, understanding more now than ever that this heart of mine only ticks as long as God allows it too, that I should never take even one breath for granted. I know God will put me back out there to bring souls to Him, but only when He knows I am strong enough to walk away from Satan’s ways.

To all those that hurt me, and that I hurt I ask for forgiveness and I pray they accept my apologies in Jesus Name.


The book of Romans centers on the Gospel of Christ (Rom. 1:16, 17). Paul is deeply concerned that his readers understand how a sinner may be received as righteous by a righteous God; and how a justified sinner should live daily to the glory of God. This amazes me every time I read it. God wants you to know that He accepts you, no matter what kind of sin you have created; He wants you to admit your sin and ask Him for His forgiveness, so that you can start to live a life after Him. This book is basically Paul’s theology. He is here (Rome) to do what God sent Him to do, then He will move on as He says, he wants to go to Spain. Paul is only a man, but because of what God called him to do, he is a man used to preach Gods gospel. He was brought up as a child to know who God was, the spirit of God lives in Him, just as it does each of us. However Paul’s teachings come from God and only God, it is important that you know this. You can’t go and teach Gods word from what you hear, unless you hear it from God. Paul is putting himself in line with other great men and prophets of God. One difference may be that in the OT they were servants of God, Paul considers himself a personal servant of Christ Jesus. Paul saw who he was, he was a mere table server for the Lord, and his mission was to teach about God, then move on. This was his calling. Paul was there to keep the church going. Are you called by God? Are you following His word, His message to you? I was, then I got lost, but I didn’t go far, because God called me back in line, to continue bringing the lost sheep back home. I hope you will find interest and take time to get into a bible study and find out what all Paul did have to say in the book of Romans. I will continue teaching this book as long as the Lord leads me to. Paul’s job was to teach all, to leave no one out; he did not discriminate against anyone, as I will not either. The word of the gospel is for all of us; it’s our job to get the word out there as it was Paul’s calling. Paul says he was ready and eager to go to the Romans. It was more than an obligation for him to speak to the Romans. It was a privilege. It was a great opportunity. He wanted to do it.


Thank you for showing interest in what the Lord is leading me to do; I pray for you each and ask for Gods favor in your life.

2 comments:

  1. you know i think you got the way to heaven the good work you doing is all here in your words and we know you forgiving and the ones that does lots of talkin will be to in God name so Brenda keep it up we love you HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgive me please .....kk

    ReplyDelete