Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"CHRIST"mas

The Christmas season is here! Our calendars are already full, our bank accounts are closing in on empty and our hearts and lives are crowded with things we deem important, but have we made room for Jesus?

Christmas is not a date on a calendar. Christmas is a way of life that celebrates the presence of God in the simple, ordinary happenings of daily life: where we go and what we do.

I cannot even imagine not having Jesus in my life. I do not always understand the trials in my life, life does not always seem fair, but I do know that when I do cry out to Jesus, He fills every empty place with his bountiful love and understanding. He sends comfort and peace to me. It is so easy to sit back and feel sorry for ourselves especially this time of year, when you do see others life full of joy and happiness. What you do not see is what is going on within their hearts and souls.


I pray that your life is filled with God's peace and joy this holiday season. I know it has been a difficult year for many of you. Remember - God is with you. Giving is of the heart, maybe all you have to give is a smile, and believe it when I tell you that sometimes that is all some of us need. Take some of the chores off your calendar and spend a day with someone who is lonely or less fortunate than you are. If you are a grandparent, take a child and just enjoy what they have to offer, spend some time baking sugar cookies, while giving the parent a break. Spend a day at a Christian ministry serving others, reach out and enjoy life. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus. Let us quit making it about stressful things that retailers have made it over the years. Today I feel so blessed to say I know Jesus, He is my life. I am human and I often forget to take time and thank Him for all that He has given to me, so I ask for His understanding heart to forgive me and to continue loving me.


Christmas is not just a date on a calendar; it is a way of life as long as you celebrate the life and presence of Christ our Savior.


Father, today I celebrate the reality of your presence in my life. Thank You for sending Your Son to earth as a tiny baby in a manger. I celebrate the birth of Jesus and the gift of life that He brings. I choose to receive your gift of love and forgiveness for my sins. I now surrender everything I am or ever hope to be to You. Please take control of my life and direct my paths. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment