Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Death"

Dad will live in my heart and the memories will be forever. A day of reflection as today my heart is full of memories of my dad. He was the glue that held our family together. The holidays come and go now as dad is away at rest with the Lord. My thoughts are on the day we laid him to rest and the words I was given to share. I hope in some way this will help you if you have lost a loved one.

Think of daddy stepping out onto a mountain And finding it to be Heaven!
Think of  dad taking hold of a hand and finding it to be God’s!
Think of  dad breathing new air, and finding it to be celestial air.
Think of dad feeling invigorated, and finding it to be immortality.
I have has passed from a storm and tempest to an unbroken calm, I have woken up and realized I am now at home in Jesus’ Arms.
Daddy loves you!

As I shared that at his casket my heart was ok, for I knew he was safe now from all harm the earth offers, he would suffer no more. A few months later I was so sad and heartbroken and I sat down and read this over and over. I now know dad has been reborn; there will be no more tears for him to cry, and no more sorrow to suffer. I know everyday he has a smile. Most importantly I know he will be waiting with open arms when my day comes to go home. As I write this today, I feel the Lords presence. I know I am not alone.

If you too have lost a loved dad, mother, sister or brother, or even your own child, please know that God will fill the emptiness and help you to have joy in your heart again. I think the most I have learned from death is that God only loaned them to us, and we so often take them for granite. Take time to tell those that are still here how much you love them.

John 14:1-2"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Revelation 21:4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

Isaiah 41:10, 13 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. . . . For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

God bless you my friends, today, tomorrow and always!
Dads tombstone reads "We Love You Daddy"

1 comment:

  1. my dad was in and out the hosp. everyweek till his heart stop i lost my dad and it hurt so much but you know he went to heaven too and not hurting now i miss him so much and i know one day i be with him . keep this good work up Brenda HBS

    ReplyDelete