Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Purity"

I think of the White Robe of Christ when I see these beautiful flowers; they say purity to me. 
There is no purity like that of God.


1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) 9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;

These flowers are grown under special care of people who specialize in their growth under the right temperatures and nurturing, just as we grow under the one who specializes in our growth and He has been nurturing us since before we were born as He created us in His likeness. In the beginning we had hearts that were pure and snow white as these flowers, however as you see in the second picture some stain evolved when colors were mixed, just as we became stained when Adam and Eve were mixed, as they sinned, we became stained.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Paul says, ". . . Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit. . . "

Genesis 34 teaches us about the need to maintain spiritual purity, how to maintain spiritual purity and how not to respond to spiritual impurity. Our beliefs and thoughts have to remain pure if we are to be with Jesus one day.

(Psalm 18:26) With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)

Ezekiel 36:25-27(KJV) 25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you and heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jesus stands for purity, He is there to cleanse your soul, spirit and heart if you only ask and give your life to Him. He is so worthy my friends. The next time you look into the puffy white clouds or see a beautiful white flower, or a new born baby, think of what God stands for, and what He wants for you. It is His beauty that stands before us. Jesus is amazing, let Him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment