Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gods Comfort at the time of Sadness

As of lately I have found so many people who are sad, broken hearted or just tired. Life has thrown them so many curve balls and the sadness is overwhelming them. Each day as I try to reach out to those that are sad and sick I have found difficulty in doing so in the manner in which I want to. It took some stiff looking at myself to realize why I haven’t been my best, I had to let go of issues that I knew God wasn’t happy with me for, and in one case I had to let a friend go, because I knew this friendship wasn’t what I needed to stay in a relationship with God and do work for Him. Sometimes our own sadness comes from our inner soul and the thoughts that we have when we are sinning and we know it.



This afternoon I took a walk around my house, it was a beautiful winter day, with the sun shining and a mild wind blowing. As I was reflecting on a sermon I had heard from Joel Osteen this morning I realized what I had been doing to myself and why I wasn’t finding a peace that I needed. As I walked I was asking God for forgiveness for my sins and thanking Him for all that He has blessed me with. His presence was with me today, my head was turned up quickly as I heard His voice, it was simple, do you see the wind my daughter? I responded no Lord I don’t, do you feel the wind my daughter? Yes Lord I surely do, then know my daughter that I am like the wind, you don’t see me, but I am always there with you, seek me and you will feel my presence just as you feel the wind. Tears as I write this down on paper, for I have known sadness and I have fault off making changes in my life and giving up what I know was wrong, but today I knew I had to ask God to deliver me from this sadness before I let Satan take over my heart. Yes sadness will do that. God showed me today again, just how much He loves me.


There are so many people that for one reason or the other, are sad, alone, and are in need of comfort. We tend to ignore the sad, thinking to ourselves who wants to be bothered with their depression, let’s find someone who is happy. When a person is in a desperate need of comfort we should reassure them to keep hope and faith in their hearts and let them know they aren’t alone, that maybe we don’t have the comfort they need but we surely know someone who does, and then tell them about Jesus. You don’t have to guilt them for being sad, we all have been at one time or another, but we do need to let them know that Jesus loves them and is there for them.


Jeremiah 29 :( 11-13)11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.


Psalm 34:17-20 (KJV) 17The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. 18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. 19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. 20He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.


Philippians 4:19 (KJV) 19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


Those are all scriptures from the Bible that are to comfort us when we are sad, to let us know that we are loved and are never alone.


Did you know sadness was first seen in the very beginning of the bible, fall of mankind (Genesis 3), when Eve ate of the fruit that she wasn’t supposed to, and then Adam followed? The serpent had told her it was ok, they both disobeyed God which would bring sadness to us all for our lives, because now women would suffer during childbirth and men would suffer thru the thorns and thickets to provide food. So my friend know that sadness started early, but thru it all Jesus never left Adam and Eve just as He hasn’t left us. He loved them and He loves us. It is up to you if you want to turn your sadness upside down. Choose God and you will find that the sadness will dissipate. God is so happy to love you and get you through the difficult times; I hope you will allow Him too.


I will be a friend who will not run away when you are sad, but will try to give you words of encouragement, so my friends, know that I too am here if you need me, for I will pray and give your problems to God and encourage you to do so too.






Choose Gods (Son) shine over Satan’s sadness and tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment