Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sensitivity

Today, has been such a sad day for me, I have cried my eyes out and don’t know which direction to turn. It has been one disappointment after another. I have been in constant prayer for friends and family, there seems to be so much pain and sickness going around. I want to be a blessing to all and just reach out and touch those that are sick and make it go away. I want the lost to find their way to God. And, today has just been one of those days that I can’t seem to help anyone, including myself. I reach out to God for guidance today, a touch for my spirit and my soul. I am just so sensitive today, and I have let it hurt me. This is why I have chosen to get into God’s word on this subject today. I know I can’t be alone in this world when it comes to being sensitive.


Sensitivity is a wonderful thing as long as it is not misdirected. We should be sensitive to the physical and spiritual needs of others. We should be sensitive to our personal needs. It is a wonderful thing to see Christians sensitive to their problems. This is what I do know, but why can’t I get a grip on it today? Our feelings are like red lights hanging in front of us in life. When we began to become sensitive with jealousy, hurt feelings, and a feeling of rejection these are red lights lighting up telling us that we have not got our lives properly focused

In Matthew chapter 21 verse 21 thru 28 we find a story that I just love. I feel this is the story God would want me to share with you.

21. Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying; Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26 But he answered and said, it is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

If you notice in this story God didn’t answer the woman right away, but she chose to stay and not run away. Would you be able to do that? Most of us would just stick our tail between our legs and run as fast as we could. When Christ did not answer, his disciples struck at her feelings. They said, "Send her away; for she crieth after us." This would have been enough to send most of us away with wounded feelings. But, did she leave? No, her need was too great to let Christ's disciples stand in her way. She would not let them rob her of blessings needed. I have goose bumps as I write this for I know myself I let Satan take hold of me today and steal some joy that didn’t belong to him. Would you stay or leave? If you, like this woman, knew your needs and why you came, you would remain in spite of what they said. If you turned your back because your feelings were hurt, would you not be the one to lose?

Of course you would be and I know that God would not be pleased with the actions of any of us that would try to turn away. Are your soul and the soul of others not more important than your feelings? What did I lose today by letting Satan attack, let me tell you, I lost hours of time that I cannot get back; most importantly I lost time I could have used to help someone else who was hurting today.

We must remember that our souls are in danger, and Christ is our safe place. He is the answer to all of our needs. He is the all sufficient one.

To continue the story, Jesus said to her, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." What would you do if someone should say the blessings of the Lord are not for you? Would you get all ruffled up and leave without them? Not this woman? "Then she came and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me."

She didn’t back down, she continued to worship the Lord, oh the mighty faith this woman had. She could have just ran home with her feelings hurt, but she came on this day with a purpose and she withstood the attacks, she didn’t let her sensitivity get in the way of her receiving this day. All that know anything about the Bible, know that they would be lost if they couldn’t talk to our Father and get His guidance each day. Is your soul worth losing over someone hurting your feelings?

Then Jesus continues and says, "It is not meet to take the children's bread and to cast it to dogs." this woman simply said, "Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat the crumbs."

That is saying, "I know how unworthy I am; I do not ask for anything but the crumbs." This woman obtained the mercy she sought." I can see so many crying when Jesus says this and running for the high mountain. Earlier today, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have run myself, for Satan tested me to my limits. But I knew I had to stop in my tracks and start talking to God, for I want what this woman wanted, to keep my soul intact and receive all the blessings God has to offer. It would have been so easy to let her feelings rob her and her daughter of the healing God had for her, but she didn’t’.

Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

Are you a quitter because you have had your feelings hurt? Are you walking by faith, even though your feelings have been hurt? Most importantly are you missing out on a healing because you are too sensitive today? Friends I hope you will do as I did today and get into God’s word when this happens to you, for in His Word I found peace and comfort today. I am not a quitter, I am God’s daughter, made in the resemblance of Him, and I give Him all the Praise and Glory.

Take a walk of faith today and give your issues including sensitivity to God. God bless each of you. I ask for a healing hand on each of you as you have read this today. May you be like this woman in Matthew and find that waiting for God is so worth the wait. Patience pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment